Happy New Year!
By Mariel Hemingway and Bobby Williams Published Dec 31st, 2015
With the New Year comes new challenges and new opportunities! The end of December is a time to reassess 2015... and reset to begin 2016. It’s time to come at life with renewed energy and inspiration! Here are some suggestions below. Feel free to explore and do what ever moves you! We set goals and support each other to achieve them.
"If you want to live a happy life tie it to goal not people or things"
Daily Journal: A hand written journal will help direct your subconscious mind to effortlessly change behavior. In studies it seems to be much more effective than merely reading or hearing words.
Daily, weekly and monthly goals thru December 2016. We also added some life goals.
We find that adding empowering words into our journal entries (and in our life) inspires us and everyone around us throughout the year. Take action and really manifest what you want by writing and speaking it!
Life changing words:
ORGANIC, WELLNESS, ENERGY, WALK, HEALTHY, SUCESS, FUN, MOVE, POSITIVE, NUTRITION, ACTIVE, BEAUTY, MARATHON, HAPPY, EXERCISE, LIFESTYLE, IMPORTANT, BALANCE, PLANNING,TRAIN, EAT, NATURAL, LAUGHTER, FITNESS, MOTIVATION, IMAGINATIVE, RUN, DREAM, ACHIEVE, PERFORMANCE, LOVE, ENDURANCE, INTROSPECTIVE, POWER.. GRATEFUL, HAPPY, STRONG, EXHILARATED, KIND, FRIENDS, REFRESHED, OPTIMISTIC, FOCUSED, EMPOWERED, ADVENTUROUS, RADIANT.
1. Gratitude: It makes us more appreciative, creates better friendships and relationships, improves our health, our sleep, and increases our lifespan, all this and more for just 5 minutes a day of saying to yourself what you are thankful for.
2. Laugh! It’s a good ab workout, relieves stress, increases memory, and improves creativity, Laughing is like internal jogging, it causes endorphins to be released from the brain. It boosts T Cells, used to help fight off that winter cold.
3. 8+ hours of sleep: The greatest engineer is proper rest.
4. H2O: 3 to 5 liters of water a day. Over 75% of Americans bodies are in a drought! Give yourself the gift of water and watch your body function at it’s best.
5. Healthy food: eat organic. It is an energizing life force.
6. Grow Younger, because you can.
1. Exercise: 4 days a week (minimum 30 minutes) begin here and increase the time as you feel stronger. Whatever movement you like, this is your body, enjoy it.
2. Date night once a week, (movies count). Creates a better relationship.
3. Go outside (into Nature) for walks, or runs whenever possible.
4. The Fresh air will charge your body, mind and spirit.
5. Go to a farmers market. 77% of the population is within 5 miles of a farmers market. This increases our sense of community and creates good health, plus it saves money.
6. Listen to one new song a week. Music is water to the soul.
1.During a change of season add a new challenge: in winter: ski. Spring: climb. Summer: surf. Fall: run. Connecting with Nature connects you to yourself.
2. Read a book a month. Knowledge is power and helps keep your brain in shape.
3. Be a good person to friends and family or at least be a better person. You will be happy you did.
1. Road trip, travel in the US. This place we live in has so much to offer and seeing it in person is life changing.
2. Learn to play a musical instrument. everyone has creative energy, find out what moves you creatively.
3. Train and teach. Giving to others also teaches us more about ourselves: Connect, it transforms you.
4. Bike to work, Really SEE everything on your way.
5. Train for a Marathon. Find out how much unlimited potential you have.
6. Grow Younger, because you can.
Wishing you a healthy Happy New Year!
The best is yet to come.
Bobby and Mariel